Local-provided training is funded by Contract Services Administration Training Trust Fund (CSATTF). These courses are available to those who meet CSATTF eligibility requirements.
If you are listed with all information current on one of the:
- Industry Experience Roster (IER)
- Television Commercial Roster
- Teacher Availability List
You are eligible to apply for CSATTF approval for these courses.
In the event you work in a job classification that is not covered by the Rosters, you must meet and provide proof of certain minimum employment experience in the Industry.
Industry Experience Roster (IER) – Classification for Local 705, 706 and 800:
- To be eligible for pre-approval from CSATTF you must be in good standing, showing on the Online Roster for the appropriate participating local union and classification.
You may check your standing here: General Roster Portal
Non-IER Classifications for Local 800 and 892:
- To be eligible for pre-approval from CSATTF you must be in good standing
- If your name is not reflected on the Online Roster you must provide proof of at least 30 Union workdays of applicable IATSE Local 800, 839 or 892 covered employment within the past two years
- Submit the appropriate course application form
Proof of Union Workdays
You must send CSATTF:
- Pre-approval application
- An employment verification letter from a payroll company or employer showing:
- Exact work dates
- Job Classification
- Social Security Number OR
- Copies of supporting pay stubs showing actual work time (sick or vacation time is not eligible)
Please note: More than one form of employment verification may be needed for pre-approval. Your application will be denied if no employment verification is submitted.
The Animation Guild (Local 839) Only
To be eligible for pre-approcal from CSATTF, you must be in good standing and submit to CSATTF:
- Appropriate course application form
- Employment verification of at least 30 union workdays, worked under Local 839’s jurisdiction within the past 2 years
The verification may come in one of the following ways
An employment verification verification letter from your employer on company letterhead that states the following:
- Full name
- Last 4 digits of your Social Security Number
- Name of show(s) and production(s)
- Exact work dates
- Total days worked within the specified time-frame
- Job classification
- Union Jurisdiction the time was worked under
Pay stub copies:
- Must include at least 6 to 8 pay stubs
Please note: Days worked on union jobs do not need to be consecutive nor worked for the same employer. Holiday, sick and vacation time is not counted towards days worked.